What Is Resume Parsing? How Does Resume Parser Work?
Resume parsing is a complicated process. It takes years of experience and hard work to make a software that actually does the job with utmost accuracy. A resume parser is basically a context based software which is able to recognize the relevant information from the documents and present them in an organized manner so that it can be processed and stored in a database under various sections.
Various resumes have various formats and the language used in the resumes is often different and ambiguous. So when a recruiter is trying to source a candidate; usually they have to analyze the whole lot of resumes. Usually, in a recruitment process 90% of the resumes obtained doesn’t fit the exact criteria. But still every resume is checked irrespective of the amount of time that is wasted.
A resume parser acts as a compiler and interpreter as it builds the unstructured resume in a structured format. Resume Parser automatically segregates the information into various fields and parameters. By executing program instructions in a sequential format a parser builds up an abstract syntax tree. The syntax provides content related details and it’s abstract in nature as in fishes out only the relevant information.
Resume Parser tool parses most of the key resume fields from any resume file with high accuracy. Resume parsing eliminates manual data entry and enables better search results. You can find the most pertinent candidates in your Hiring Software candidate database. Resumes can be submitted for parsing one file at a time, or multiple files in an archive format. Bulk Files can be parsed at a time. The Resume Parser supports all types of popular formats including .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, and .txt. You can even parse resumes from attachments. Resume parser, analyses data and extracts into machine-readable output such as XML or JSON.
Resume Parsing helps the recruiters insightfully by streamlining their recruiting process. Resume parsing or extraction spares recruiters time essentially in light of the fact that the HR’s don’t need to analyse heaps of resumes. Rather, the resume parsing creates the data, the HR’s require. In that way, HR’s can effortlessly compare the various profiles to find the right one.
These days, resume parsing is getting automated with Artificial Intelligence. An AI uses NLP (Natural Language Processing) engine to interpret various resumes. Resume parsing services is generally combined with an ATS. Hence, it has a centralized database where the information is stored after parsing in an organized manner. Apart from that a resume parsing software is accompanied with a search feature to find out the relevant information.
How Recruitment Software Outperforms Simple ATS
ATS vs Recruitment Software:
Tracking, storing and sourcing the applicant data is just a part of the recruitment process. A simple ATS can perform this job. But an end to end recruitment process is comprised of several workflows. Only recruitment software is competent enough to handle all the workflows in an organized manner.
Recruitment Software automates resume screening, resume parsing, Job posting & interview scheduling. It helps to reduce the workload and focus more on hiring efforts. Timesheets, Invoice module & profit &loss module will also come in extremely handy.
Recruitment software can perform everything that an ATS can along with doing everything else. The biggest benefit of recruitment software lies in the automation. It organizes the workflow and each step is subsequently followed by another. The following table can explain how recruitment software scores aces over an ATS.
|FEATURES||RECRUITMENT SOFTWARE||APPLICANT TRACKING SYSTEM|
|Automated Bulk Email & SMS||Yes||No|
When we talk about recruitment platforms the fundamental question is that how it is going to cater to your needs.
- Every business has some generic needs and some personalized needs based on the industry, company size, geo-location & the various departments. Only recruitment software has enough flexibility to become custom fit.
- Both staffing agencies & Corporate HR’s can function with a recruitment software
- Quality & Quantity of services offered with recruitment software are of enterprise level
- Recruitment software are competent and technologically advanced than a simple ATS
- Online Recruitment software offers one of the most secure and credible client data base
When we consider all these factors then our only choice can be recruitment software. It is,
- Comprehensive & Utilitarian
- Caters to every Industry
- Worldwide Reach
- Optimum quality with Technical prowess
- Secure Database
Utilities of recruitment software:
- Email & SMS integration supports bulk communication
- Data will be stored in the software and can be searched whenever necessary
- Provides with automated Salary calculations, leave policy Etc.
- Organization can generate any kind of letter to candidates like appointment letter, appraisal letter & offer letter on an instant basis with standardization
- Cloud based recruitment software is highly secure and flexible way for maintaining & processing confidential information
- Recruiters can store enormous data & keep those files secure and confidential
- Social Recruiting & Portal Integration lets you go through all the job portals and social platforms at once to find out the best talents